Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Color Run 5K

THE COLOR RUN 2012
at the beginning of january i started running. i wanted to lose weight and get into shape and i figured running would help me do it faster... and well, it sure did. i have never liked running and have never really done it before. but i would say now i almost love it. i signed up for the color run 5k in january. i was no where near ready to do it but i wanted to sign up for it just to push myself to stay focused on exercising. i wanted to start out with something simple that worked for me. so i started running everyday.. (yes, everyday other than friday and sunday) 1 mile for a couple weeks and then moved it up to 1.5 for a few weeks- then 2 miles. i run upstairs on the treadmill during presleys nap time, and it works out perfect for me. running and exercising was one of my new years goals that i have actually stuck with and i am so happy i did. i not only see a huge change in my body but i feel so much better.
i have more energy and life to me.
the color run was the perfect starter 5k.. it wasn't "competitive" and was more of a fun run- perfect for me. i had asked a few people to go with me and it didn't work out- so i went alone. on my way to the race i was more nervous to go alone than the actually race- so i leaned down and said a prayer in the car.. and as we pulled up to the light where tanner was about to drop me off i saw my friend, sarah, standing at the red light walking to the color run. so i hopped out of the car and we ran together. i felt so loved by my heavenly father at that moment.

I started out in white:




And ended up VERY COLORFUL:
*at every kilo they throw a different color all of you as you are running*
(just crossed the finish line.. i loved my little fans holding up signs. ha)
haha. maddex's headband makes me {lol} everytime i see this.
the "finish festival" was just awesome.

maddex went in "the pit" with me for a color throw.
he wasn't a huuge fan. but he thought it was cool.





like the cutest little girl ever.
she was actually in the race.
i love my supporters... thanks guys.
there were tons of families with kids, strollers, wagons and so forth in it. after seeing how fun it was- even tanner said
for sure next year our whole family would do it! :)
it goes to a great charity too!

5 comments:

The Petersons said...

Looks so fun!! Landry and I were going to sign up for it..then decided not too- the timing just didn't work. But now were asking ourselves why?? ha. I LOVE all the pictures. So proud of you- thats so awesome. Definitely next year :)

Kathy's Boys said...

I'm so proud of you too. I heard everyone talking about it but thought everyone decided not to and I never heard anything about it until the day before. Dang, I wish I would have done it with you. Way to go, I'm sure that was such a great feeling to have done that.

Shauna said...

Oh man, i love all these pictures! so colorful and fun. i espeically like the one of you in front of the pink wall. you should hang that in your house. i'm so proud of you A....keep up the good work and you'll be surprised at what you're capable of! love ya, call later.

Ah Loe said...

Good job! After seeing this, I decided I would like to do a 5k. I guess I need to start running then. lol Shauna- do you know of any good ones around here? Love the picture in front of the pink wall too. It lookes like tons of fun!

The Andersons said...

All these pictures are so cute...love the one of you jumping in front of the pink wall. Your body is bangin'! You totally inspire me to start hitting the tredmill again.